Terms and Conditions
- Islay's jewellery is all hand made and hand finished, therefore some variations in shape, size and texture are normal.
- Jewellery and Kilt Pins are made by Islay Spalding and her assistants in her workshop at Double Door Studios in Dundee. When outsourcing is required for certain techniques or equipment (such as casting, engraving or some stone setting) she has a range of skilled people she works with to get the job done.
- Precious metals over the required weight are assayed and hallmarked at the Edinburgh Assay Office. This mark has symbols for Metal Fineness, where it was hallmarked and what year, alongside Islay's own makers mark - a circle with IS in the centre.
- Rings are made in UK sizes. If you need to provide your ring size, please either get in touch to arrange to be measured at Double Door Studios in Dundee, or go to a high street or other local jeweller, they will be happy to help....no one really likes resizing a ring! If you are ordering a particularly wide or thin ring, this is important to mention as it may affect the sizing.
- Jewellery and Kilt Pins are packaged in branded boxes made from recycled cardboard.
- All copyrights, designs and masters relating to any works sold remain the property of Islay Spalding Contemporary Jewellery Designs.
- To discuss or order a bespoke piece of jewellery or Kilt Pin, please email Islay with your request. She will get back to you with a form of questions to answer to start the process.
- This can all be done over email, we can speak on the phone, or a meeting can be arranged at Double Door Studios in Dundee. Every job is different and this can all be arranged during your initial consultation.
- After your initial consultation and if you are happy to proceed, Islay will give you an estimated design date and completion date, and send an invoice for a £50 design fee which is deducted from your final bill.
- Islay will send you drawings and you can suggest changes. Price estimates can be given along with design drawings. Once the design is approved a deposit of half of the total price estimate is to be paid before moving to the production stage.
- Islay will be back in touch when it is nearing completion to confirm the delivery date and address or collection time. A photo of the finished piece will be sent along with the invoice for the final balance. The finished piece will be sent out or ready to collect once this is paid.
- Ready To Wear pieces will be shipped within 5 working days of your order, please get in touch if you require it sooner as it may be possible. Islay will confirm your order by email and let you know when it's been posted.
- For expected delivery times on the Made To Order Kilt Pins and customisable jewellery, please see the individual product listings.
- P&P costs £10 within the UK using Royal Mail Special Delivery and is insured, trackable and will need signed for. For items under £50 Royal Mail Signed For will be used costing £5.
- For everywhere else it costs £15 using the Royal Mail International Signed For service. This service will not insure jewellery so please get in touch to discuss other shipping options. Please note that shipments to destinations outside of the UK may be subject to import duties and/or taxes that you, the customer, are responsible for paying.
- If you live nearby you can save yourself the postage by picking up your order from Islay at Double Door Studios in Dundee, or from Tayberry Gallery in Perth. Please use the code COLLECT at checkout to receive free P&P and state where you would like to pick up from in the notes section.
Final ordering dates for UK delivery in time for Christmas 2023
Christmas Delivery and Holidays
- Made to Order Kilt Pins - 13th November
- In stock jewellery and Kilt Pins - 18th December
- Made to Order Kilt Pins - 5th November
- In stock jewellery and Kilt Pins - 6th December
Any orders made after these times will be made/shipped the week beginning 8th January 2024. Happy holidays!
Returns and Repairs
- Returns are available on all ready to wear jewellery bought directly from this website.
- The customer will cover the delivery costs for the return.
- Jewellery such as bangles and rings may be exchanged for a different size if available, or in some cases resized.
- Bespoke and customisable jewellery and Kilt Pins are non-refundable.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring ring or bangle sizes are correct. If you are unsure, please get in touch before ordering.
- Islay is happy to repair any items purchased from her. All pieces have a guarantee against manufacturing flaws such as dry solder joins and we will repair such flaws for free. This does not include damage or breakage by wear and tear, oxidisation or mistreatment of the jewellery. In any case, please email or telephone with a description of what is wrong, and if necessary, a repair quote will be presented before work is carried out.
- In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged or incorrectly supplied we offer a repair or replacement service. Please contact Islay within 7 days, or if a gift, ask the purchaser to contact us. We will arrange a repair, replacement or gift certificate as appropriate.
By placing an order with Islay Spalding Contemporary Jewellery Designs you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.